Join Our Team
We are a tight knit group of scientists and fermentation enthusiasts. Join us.
Berkeley Yeast is looking for a Research Associate to perform research and experimentation duties. The title and compensation are flexible and commensurate with skills and experience. The individual will be part of a close-knit R&D team building new brewing and winemaking yeast strains using cutting-edge synthetic biology and analytical methods. We value individuals who are self-starting and detail-oriented. Core responsibilities will include molecular cloning, yeast strain development and characterization, and small-scale fermentations. Depending on the candidate’s interest and fit, this role may also support in vitro assay development.
- Bachelor’s degree in biosciences or an adjacent field
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR, molecular cloning, and gel electrophoresis
- Excellent technical and problem-solving abilities
- Works well with others under general supervision as well as independently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Highly desirable qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with yeast biology, culturing microbes, and fermentation
Job type: Full-time with benefits
Location: Oakland, CA
At the moment we’re not actively recruiting for Scientist positions, but we’re always happy to connect with smart people who are passionate about metabolic engineering and fermentation. If this describes you, please get in touch! Our business is growing rapidly and there will soon be more opportunities to get involved.